Friday, December 8, 2017

25 Days Of Blogmas! What Are Your Christmas Traditions?: Day 8

Hey, Jammer's! CoolCat here with another post! Welcome to day eight of Blogmas! Before I continue, I want to thank my friend Gracie for posting yesterday for me! I went to the movies to see Titanic on the big screen!  If you have read my blog before, you will know that Titanic is one of my favorite movies ever! I planned on posting before I wen,t but I didn't have time. All I have to say is stay tuned for tomorrows post.. ;)

But for todays post I thought it would be fun if you commented your families Christmas traditions! What does your family do on Christmas and Christmas Eve? I'll share my families traditions first.

On Christmas Eve we start preparing our Christmas meal for the next day.

 (Comment below if you want to know what's on the menu for our Christmas dinner, I would gladly do a post on it for Blogmas!)

Then after we do that, we usually get ready for church. Our churches Christmas eve service used to be at 11:00 pm but now our church has a new pastor and the service starts at 6:00 pm. If we don't have to make any last minute store trips, we usually just relax then go to church.

 But since this years service is going to start earlier, we will probably do some prepping before church and finish the rest after. When church started at 11:00 pm we would just come home and get ready for bed. This year after we come home from church and after we finish prepping, we will probably either watch a few Christmas movies, or walk around our neighborhood and look at the Christmas lights. Then lastly we bake cookies and I put on Christmas PJS! I never really wear pajamas except for Christmas.

Now lets start with Christmas!

For Christmas I don't usually wake up at the crack of dawn like most. We usually just sleep until 8:00 am. Then instead of opening gifts I start cooking right away while watching a Christmas parade on TV. My mom and nana do most of the cooking on Thanksgiving, but for Christmas I do most of the cooking. I love to cook, especially for Christmas and Easter!

 I like to cook before I open my gifts because after I open them, I won't want to cook! So after everything is done we usually eat. I am cooking a new recipe this year and I don't know how long it will take. My guess is that I'll be done cooking at about 12:30 pm.

Then my family opens their gifts first. I like to go last so I can take my time opening everything, while listening to Christmas music. Again I can't give a correct time frame, but my best guess is that it is about 2:30 when I get to my gift opening.

 I usually take my time opening gifts and listen to music and just enjoy the moment, Christmas only comes once a year after all!

So for the rest of the day I usually am busy with my gifts depending on what I get. Then we watch Christmas movies while drinking hot chocolate.

I hope you enjoyed hearing what my family and I do for Christmas Eve and Christmas day! I want to hear what you and your family do! Make sure you comment down below!

Here is todays verse.

"...that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." -Philippians 2:10-11

As always, bye Jammer's! And ~Jam On!~

No comments:

Post a Comment